My Santas in Yangon

When I was a child, every time December came, it’s time for Santa. Every 3rd December I would put grass inside my shoes and put my shoes under my bed. My father said that Santa would come at night and give me presents. And the grass was for the reindeers. The next morning, I would see some presents on my shoes. Santa did came last night. Even though I knew that the real Santa at that time was my parents. Hahaha.


So in this December, it’s just a wishful thinking to have presents from Santa. But to my surprise, a group of Santa gave me presents.

First gift came in the morning of third December. Ms. Ngu, one of my participants came to me and said,”I knew you really like ethnic things, so please receive this. Merry early Christmas.” She handed me beautiful box. It was a pleasant surprise. Inside, there were things made of wood: pens, comb, and a box that I can use as name cards holder. I hugged her immediately.
Beautiful box

Wooden crafts from Myanmar! I love the pens to the max...

The second present came at the end of the training. All participants gave me beautiful present which is an authentic souvenir from Myanmar. Oh my goodness, it was indeed beautiful. A portrait of myself. No, I am not talking about my beautiful portrait, but I am talking about how the portrait was made. It was painted using gems. Natural gems of Myanmar. Whan I told the driver who drove me to airport that I got this painting, he said that it was very expensive. I am BLESSED!
Look at the shining gems.. Precious!!
Ms. Cho who came frequently to my class and helping me on assisting the participants came at the end of the training and gave me a gift too. A bag from traditional fabric of Mynamar. Wow, I am so happy.
Blue is my fav color, and Ms. Cho intentionally chose this color for me


On that day, they took me to Shwedagon, the biggest and famous pagoda in Yangon. And I was so thrilled to be there again with all my participants. I love our togetherness. And we ended the day with 2-hour Karaoke full of laughs, fun and songs. 
One more surprise came from another participant, Ms. Acho who gave me a big frame of a silver painting of a dancing couple. So beautiful.










Never crossed in my mind that I would receive so much loves from my friends in Yangon. Santa does  exist, in the form of beautiful souls around us.

Thank you Santa. Thank you friends. It’s such a blessing to have the chance to know each of you and grow with all of you.

And last but not list, it’s okay if you don’t believe in Santa, just believe that a good deed will lead to happiness.

Happy December to all of you, and let’s prepare to welcome 2019!

You Might Also Like

0 komentar