My Experience as a Committee Member for the Christmas Celebration KMK-PMK Telkom University Reunion

Being part of the committee for the Christmas Celebration Reunion at KMK-PMK Telkom University was a surprising turn of events for me. Not only did it catch my friends, relatives, and colleagues off guard, but it also took me by surprise. How did I end up saying yes to this committee role? Hahahah.

It all began a few months before the end of 2023 when, out of the blue, a dear friend jokingly asked me to join the committee. I initially thought it was just a playful suggestion, but a few weeks later, I received a message on WhatsApp from the committee chairman, Bang Hansen, introducing himself. Eventually, I said yes, but I didn't want to embark on this journey alone, so I convinced Bang Hansen to ask Jeng Yayuk to join as committee. Honestly, I didn't want to suffer alone. Hehe..

Here are some interesting facts about what went on behind the scenes of the joyful reunion on January 12, 2024: 

#1 Diverse Committee Members

The committee comprised individuals from different cohorts and batches. Imagine working with people you either didn't know or vaguely remembered. As someone who wasn't well-connected during my campus years, blending in initially posed a challenge. However, we eventually collaborated well—welcoming ideas, respecting diverse opinions, and finding solutions together.

 #2 Late-Night Online Meetings

My usual nighttime routine involves lounging on the couch and enjoying Netflix or reading Webtoon. However, many times, we had to schedule meetings at 8 pm on Sundays! There were moments when my brain struggled to process information, even though I was serving as the Secretary. One night, my friend Niken urgently called Yayuk and I for a meeting, and we spent three hours rewriting the proposal and ensuring the budget was accurate. Huge shoutout to Niken and Yayuk for their reliability and support.

 #3 Time Crunch

The schedule was tight, and time was ticking, especially with Christmas and New Year holidays approaching. Most committee members were busy with family festivities, leaving us with limited time to prepare for the celebrations. Despite the rush, everything miraculously fell into place.

#4 Alumni-Centric Lineup

We decided to feature mostly alumni in the event lineup. Our in-house band, the priest, and the pastor, as well as the MC and some VIPs, were all alumni. While I still don't know each of them personally, it was a fantastic opportunity to give them a stage to inspire others.

#5 Registration Concerns

Another challenge we faced was keeping track of how many people had registered for the event.  While the total number of alumni is substantial, the registration process was rather slow. Our target was to have around 500 registrations, and Bang Erwin diligently provided updates almost every day. Eventually, we reached 400 registered individuals, and our assumption proved correct—only 60-70% of them attended the event.

Here are some photos from the event. I downloaded all the photos from the EO. :)
As I was immersed in catching up with old friends, I didn't capture many moments on camera. Nevertheless, it was a joyful night for all of us.

 

The trio, love them...

Those smiles....





The speakers and the one and only energetic host

Special Guest Star Regina

Donation for Orphanages

Dynamic Duo

Us, together

In house band




When I became a graduate from 2007 haha

Now, let's reflect on the takeaways from this event:

1. I've come to realize that sometimes I need to take a break from my daily work and enjoy networking with other people.

2. Having a clear goal and a shared purpose is crucial to help us stay on track.

3. Collaboration doesn't mean showcasing our strengths but contributing what we can do best and being willing to do it for the greater cause.

4. I believe another reunion is needed, especially for my own cohorts. Haha, shall we??

Cheers...

Emesdea




 

 

 

 



You Might Also Like

0 komentar